Our Murray River program is for people seeking the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment in a unique and thoughtfully integrated program that balances the best of both face-to-face and online delivery methods without taking short cuts.
About the Program
Fortress Learning’s Face to Face Murray River Cert IV TAE program is based on the knowledge that people many people live in regional areas wish to engage in a robust and rigorous program that includes both face to face and online components. These people are not afraid of a bit of hard work, and understand that finding a balance between both group and individual work is often ideal.
For that reason, this program integrates all the required skills and knowledge from the TAE40116 qualification into an enjoyable program that blends hands-on face to face delivery followed by ongoing supported online study and assessment.
Our course will suit people who:
- live in the broader Murray River region encompassing Albury, Wodonga, Shepparton, Griffith, Leeton and Wagga Wagga
- Currently train and assess in the workplace or who wish to do so
- People in the workplace who would like to become Trainers and Assessors in their workplace or in a Registered Training Organisations (RTO)
- Existing Trainers and Assessors in RTOs
- Or simply those wishing to educate themselves further in Adult Education
Only after a single unit? We’ve got you covered for TAEASS502 and TAELLN411.
The table below shows what is required to complete each of these units in the Murray River Program, including the fee.
Enrolment Period (months)
When are they on?
Please inquire about dates using the Inquiry Form below.
Fortress Learning’s Face to Face Murray River Cert IV TAE program is delivered in the following format:
Daytime classes: 10 business days (1 day a week over 10 weeks) where you will gain the fundamentals and complete most of the practical assessment tasks
Online/Distance: following the classroom block, you will consolidate your knowledge and skill through additional learning and assessment activities
These courses are next scheduled to commence as follows, subject to numbers:
Start and Finish Times:
- We will commence at 9am and finish at about 5pm.
- We’ll break for lunch, and morning/afternoon tea.
to be advised
Wagga Wagga Courses:
to be advised
to be advised
For the past 20 years, Glenn McCarthy has held multiple roles in the Construction, Tourism and Safety Training areas. He has trained and mentored training apprentices through to dive instructors.
Glenn lives in the Riverina and believes the rural & regional areas of Southern N.S.W and Northern Victoria should have the same opportunities as our city counterparts.
Glenn draws on his breadth of experience to inspire and motivate continual improvement that will result in mutual success and achievement for all. He is particularly capable of helping people to overcome fears and frustrations, especially when it comes to delivering training themselves.
Glenn currently holds both a Diploma of Vocational Education & Training and Diploma of Training Design & Development. His own commitment to learning is reflected in his range of qualifications, and his current studies in VET at Charles Sturt University.
You can expect a high level of support both during and following the face to face component. This will be detailed on Day 1, and will include:
- helpful response times for things like emails, phone calls and assessment of your submissions
- clear and thoughtful answers to your questions
- random contact from us to see how you are going
You will also have direct access to support through:
- our Facebook Discussion Group
- online chat
- email and phone support
- the option to attend further face to face components (subject to availability of places in those courses)
- Our time efficient delivery provides you with a face to face delivery of 10 business days (1 day a week over 10 weeks).
- Most practical training sessions and group assessments are completed in class.
- There are assessment tasks that will need to be completed after the face to face delivery of the course. These include things like designing learning programs, developing assessment tools and demonstrating your knowledge.
- You are free to submit tasks as soon as they are completed.
- The course design provides you with the ability to work around your current commitments to complete your course.
The entire duration of enrolment is: 12 months
This includes two components:
The face to face component: 10 days
The online/distance component: the remainder of the enrolment period
How does it work?
The initial face-to-face portion of the course will involve 1 day a week over 10 weeks . These sessions provide the foundation learning for the program, and also includes a considerable amount of the practical assessment components, especially those that require access to other people.
Following the face-to-face component, your learning will continue and you will have further assessment tasks to complete. The pace at which you complete these is up to you, although experience tells us that many people will require 4-6 months so you can fully immerse yourself in the program, and better juggle the program with other components of your life.
What will affect how long my TAE Cert IV will take?
Experience tells us that the following factors will affect the time it takes to complete this course:
- Experience – if you have experience in training/assessing, then you will likely not need as long as people without experience
- Dedication – if you have a good reason to do the course, and can hold yourself accountable, then you will likely not need as long as people who are less committed
- Other commitments – if you have a busy life with many competing professional and personal demands, then you will likely need longer than those people with fewer demands.
All assessments are based on real life workplace scenarios, meaning that there is no requirement for assessments to be completed in a particular workplace. Ultimately, you will have 12 months from the beginning of your course to complete and submit your assessment tasks.
What do I need to bring to class?
Yourself of course, but you will also need to bring to class your Laptop, photo ID, pens and paper for taking notes. You will be provided with soft copy resources at the beginning of the course and a series of hard copy handouts throughout.
What do I need to wear?
As you will spend a lot of time sitting in class, you will need to wear something that is comfortable but suitable for a professional classroom environment.
The fee for this program is $2850. This is payable as follows:
- $1500 on enrolment, and prior to course commencement
- $1000 after 90 days
- the balance after a further 90 days, or on exit if you are ready to graduate earlier
What does it include?
This fee includes all materials that will be required during the program, including learning resources, assessment materials and support.
What about Credit Transfer?
We are able to award Credit Transfer where a unit you have completed previously is an equivalent version of the one included in this program. However, because our program is delivered and assessed holistically, it is not likely that just 1-2 units would make much difference to what your program involves. For this reason, the fee is not reduced unless you are able to obtain Credit Transfer for an entire Cluster (ie, Design, Deliver or Assess). If you are not sure, then the best thing is to have a chat with your Trainer about this – you are welcome to email us directly to get their thoughts on this before you enrol.
We like our students to be successful. For that reason, we invite you to follow these steps to begin:
- Complete the Suitability-Self Assessment Checklist, because it is not in your interests – or ours – for people to enrol in programs of study that are in any way unsuitable for them.
- Once you are comfortable with the items on that Checklist, then you may complete the Enrolment Form.
- The enrolment form will direct you to our Booking Form where you may choose classroom dates which suit your schedule.
- Make your first payment, either online or phone with credit card, or via bank deposit. If your course starts very soon, then paying by credit card over the phone is probably the best way to ensure that the payment is received in time for your place to be confirmed for your chosen course date.
- Get things started. Once we have received your enrolment form and payment, we will confirm your place, verify your USI and get things moving along within 24 hours.
If at any time you are not certain of how to proceed or what is happening, then just let us know and we can work it through together.
For further information about this program, or to request a course at a particular time, you are welcome to use the following form to ask a question.