The BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management is an exciting new qualification, developed in response to the many challenges faced by Managers in today’s dynamic business environment. Developed from the old Diploma of Management, it includes a number of interesting new areas of study, providing you with up-to-the-minute skills which will distinguish you from your peers.
About the Program
You’ll develop decisive leadership and management skills to manage both yourself and others, helping and assisting the team to do their very best while also focussing your attention on the development of the business.
Apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in current leadership and management issues across a range of contexts, including applying and evaluating solutions to unpredictable problems.
In this ever changing business environment, do you want to stay ahead of the pack? If so, update your skills and knowledge through the BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management.
The new BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management now has 12 units rather than 8. If you completed the old BSB51107 Diploma of Management, then upgrading your qualification may be as simple as demonstrating your currency in 9 equivalent units, completing two new units via Coursework Assessment or RPL and completing some additional assessment for the final unit.
The BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management is offered through Coursework Assessment and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Most students find that a blended pathway of these options works best for them.
Experience tells us that students seeking this qualification possess a broad range of relevant experience and qualifications. Because no two people are the same, making you jump through the same hoops as everyone else just doesn’t make sense.
That’s why our process often begins with a conversation.
Full Course: We allow 12 months for our standard programs, although experience tells us that experienced professionals usually take 3-6 months to complete a program of blended RPL/Coursework Assessment.
Upgrade Program: We allow 6 months for our upgrade programs, although most people generally take considerably less than this.
No conversation about fees can be separated from conversation about service. If you missed the following graphic from our Home Page then it shows the level of service we offer.
We think it is worth considering when thinking about fees.
Our fees make the most of the overlap across the three Business Diplomas, which is why the cost per qualification goes down as you move from a Single Diploma to Dual and even Triple Diploma program.
Take a look:
Standard Course ($)
Payment Plan ($)*
Upgrade Program ($)*
|BSB50215 Diploma of Business | BSB50415 Diploma of Business Administration | BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership & Management - Triple Diploma Program (all three qualifications) - 12 months|
10 x 305
|BSB50215 Diploma of Business | BSB50415 Diploma of Business Administration | BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership & Management - Dual Diploma Program (any two qualifications) - 12 months|
10 x 275
|BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership & Management - Single Diploma Program - 12 months|
10 x 240
|BSB50215 Diploma of Business or BSB50415 Diploma of Business Administration - Single Diploma Program - 12 months|
10 x 240
It’s one thing to think about taking the next step to secure your future. It is another to actually go and do it.
When you are ready to take control of the direction your life takes, then we invite you to join us.
Our enrolment process involves four steps, as shown below.
You can get your online enrolment started here.
Would you like some more information?
If you would like to receive all the relevant information in one go, complete the following form.
Also, because experience tells us that most people don’t actually know what the Diploma units will involve, we’ll give you a printable checklist that will show what you are likely to be “in for”.
The Units of Study
The BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management includes 12 Units of Competency.
Pathways into the qualification
There are no prerequisite requirements for individual Units of Competency. It is certainly preferable for you have relevant work experience, and access to a workplace, prior to enrolling. However, if you don’t currently have access to a workplace, you are welcome to discuss options, such as a simulated work environment, with your trainer prior to enrolling. Further details about the resource requirements are available as part of the Suitability Self-Assessment Checklist. If you have any doubts about your access to suitable resources, then please discuss these with us prior to enrolling.
Pathways from the qualification
Those completing this qualification could consider higher qualifications in this or other relevant Training Packages.
Our Standard BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership & Management program is made up of the following units. This is not set in stone, and there are some other units you may wish to do instead. These are shown on the Other Units Offered tab.
|Code||Title||Summary of Requirements|
|BSBWOR501||Manage personal work priorities and professional development||- Describe the business technology you use and how it enables you to organise and prioritise tasks and commitments.|
- Identify and explain how you measure and maintain your work performance including how you assess your competency against performance standards and how feedback is provided.
- Describe how you develop and maintain your personal development plan, including how
you identify career objectives, areas of skill development and develop an action plan to
- Critically analyse the business networks you actively participate in, your investment and the tangible benefits they have brought to you in the last twelve months.
- Discuss how you maintain a work-life balance, the benefits and the triggers that allow you to identify a lack of work life balance in your life.
|BSBWOR502||Lead and manage team effectiveness||- Discuss the leadership techniques you use to facilitate team cohesion and work outcomes.|
- Describe the procedures you have developed to measure and manage performance, including performance plans using key performance indicators, for individuals in your workplace.
- Outline how you ensure work outcomes for your team are met, including providing formal and informal learning opportunities in the workplace. How do you communicate team plans and the relevant expectations to team members, and others?
- Describe a situation where you have effectively resolved a performance issue involving a team member.
|BSBRSK501||Manage risk|| - Describe how you have identified the scope and context of the risk management process, including stakeholder analysis, objectives and critical success factors, context and risks to scope.|
- Discuss the process and steps you follow to develop, implement, monitor and evaluate a risk management plan for your organisation, including the stakeholder consultation and communication process involved in identifying risk, determining priorities and required action.
- Discuss the considerations and range of information required to:
· Analyse risk context
· Identify and analyse risks
· Implement and evaluate treatment control measures
- Explain the risk management documentation required in your workplace.
- Identify the risk management legislation, codes of practice and national standards applicable in your workplace and the purpose and key elements of these standards and legislation.
|BSBPMG522||Undertake project work||- Discussing a project plan that you have created, list the steps that you took from defining project parameters, through implementation to finalisation and review. Describe the stakeholder consultation and communication process undertaken and how you supported your team|
from implementation to project completion.
- Critically analyse the monitoring, evaluating and final review of the Project, identifying what worked well and what could be improved upon.
- Discuss the various project management tools that are available, those you have used and how they can be used to support your project from implementation to completion.
- Explain processes for identifying and managing risk in a project.
- Discuss the process of defining the project parameters including sources of information and types of documentation commonly used.
- Discuss legislative requirements and workplace policies and procedures that impact upon a project.
|BSBLDR501||Develop and use emotional intelligence||- Discuss the relationship between emotionally effective people and the attainment of business|
- Explain emotional intelligence principles and strategies.
- Describe the behaviours that you model in the workplace that demonstrate management of your emotions. Identify your own emotional strengths, weaknesses and workplace stressors. Is this consistent with feedback received from others? Provide examples to support your determination.
- Explain how emotional intelligence can be used to build workplace relationships. How have you recognised and responded to the emotional states of others in the workplace, and promoted the development of their emotional intelligence?
- Different cultures express emotions in different ways. How can this be taken into account when communicating in the workplace.
|BSBLDR502||Lead and manage effective workplace relationships||- Describe the policies and processes you have developed and/or implemented to:|
· manage ideas and information, such as communication around work responsibilities or
resolution of work related issues
· address issues in the workplace including conflict resolution and assistance provided
for workplace issues
· support cultural diversity and ethical values within the organisation
- Discuss how you have adjusted your own interpersonal communication style to support the cultural diversity and the ethical environment within an organisation.
- Discuss the networks you participate in and the measureable outcomes for you, the business and your team.
- List legislation applicable to the management of workplace relationships and explain how systems and procedures can be used to develop and support effective workplace relationships.
- Describe effective conflict resolution and communication strategies used in the workplace and behaviours you demonstrate to develop trust in your business relationships.
|BSBADM506||Manage business document design and development||- Describe how you have designed, tested, produced and amended documents and templates created for use in your workplace. Discuss the|
· how documentation needs are determined and standards established
· software used, training provided and use of external expertise
· development and implementation cost considerations
- Discuss the considerations that need to be made when modifying, creating, implementing and monitoring templates in the workplace and the documentation and training you have developed and implemented to support the implementation of templates and macros.
- Discuss your experience in monitoring and providing continuous improvement in documentation standards.
- Describe legislative requirements relevant to the process of business document design and development.
|BSBADM504||Plan and implement administrative systems||- When planning and implementing the development or modifications for an administrative system:|
· How did you determine the requirements or modifications necessary?
· What steps did you take in this planning process?
· What stakeholders did you work with and what were their roles?
· What documentation was completed?
· What training and support was provided to staff?
- Discuss the strategies used to monitor and continuously improve the implemented system.
- Discuss legislation and organisational policies and procedures relevant to the review of organisational administration.
|BSBADM502||Manage meetings||- Discuss your experience in organising meetings. When organising meetings, discuss the actions you take, prior to, during and after the meeting?|
- Describe the procedures for organising formal and informal meetings. Outline meeting terminology and structures including meeting formats face-to-face, teleconferencing, web-conferencing and using webcams.
- Discuss your experience in chairing meetings, the responsibilities of the Chairperson, their role in managing the group dynamics of the meeting and potential consequences if the group dynamics aren’t managed effectively.
- List the organisational policies which impact upon the recording and storing of meeting
|BSBMGT517||Manage operational plan||- Describe the circumstances in which you developed and implemented an operational plan(s), including the process for obtaining approvals, liaising with stakeholders and negotiating variations.|
- Describe the strategies you implemented and actions you took to meet the desired outcomes of your operational plan, including resource acquisition and protection of intellectual property.
- Discuss how an operational plan is used to achieve organisational objectives and how your operational plan was monitored and evaluated against workplace performance?
- What communication processes did you utilise to communicate effectively with stakeholders regarding approvals and variations to the plan?
- Describe models and methods for operational plans, including the budgeting process and the legislation and regulations relating to the organisational plan.
|BSBMGT502||Manage people performance||- Describe the actions you have taken to develop work plans and allocate work amongst personnel within the organisation.|
- Discuss how you identify the performance standards required of individuals in the workplace. Describe performance appraisal systems you have used, how you provided performance feedback to staff and how you determine if set standards are met.
- Describe the features of an effective performance management system, including the benefits when used effectively and the issues that arise when managed poorly.
- Describe strategies for staff development and performance improvement. How do you reinforce performance excellence in individuals and teams?
- Explain unlawful dismissal rules and due process.
- Discuss awards, certified agreements, legislative & regulatory requirements relevant to performance management.
|BSBCUS501||Manage quality customer service||- Describe how you plan to meet the needs of internal and external customers, including identifying and assessing their needs.|
- Discuss how you assist team members to overcome difficulties in meeting the organisation’s quality and delivery standards.
- Describe the strategies used to monitor and review customer service and obtain feedback, including the benefit of effective purchasing strategies.
These are all of the other units that you may choose from. There are some limitations on which combinations of units you can choose, but we will sort that out with you when we develop your Personal Learning Plan.
|BSBHRM506||Manage recruitment, selection and induction processes|
|BSBMGT403||Implement continuous improvement|
|BSBFIM501||Manage budgets and financial plans|
|BSBMGT516||Facilitate continuous improvement|
|BSBINN301||Promote innovation in a team environment|
|BSBHRM405||Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff|