Our “One Block” program is for people seeking the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment in a unique and thoughtfully integrated program that enables you to become a capable and engaging trainer and assessor. It has one block of 10 days over 2 weeks, enabling you to make a great start.
About the Program
Fortress Learning’s “1 Block Zoom” Cert IV TAE program is based on the knowledge that people many people wish to engage in a robust and rigorous program that provides you with a hands-on, interactive and supportive approach to your learning. These people are not afraid of a bit of hard work, and understand that finding a balance between both group and individual work suits the way they like to learn.
For that reason, this program integrates all the required skills and knowledge from the TAE40116 qualification into an enjoyable hands-on delivery that enables you to constantly interact with your trainers and assessors throughout the course and help you to achieve tour goals sooner.
Our course will suit people who:
- Currently train and assess in the workplace and who need to formalise their skills
- People in the workplace who would like to become Trainers and Assessors in their workplace or in a Registered Training Organisations (RTO)
- Existing Trainers and Assessors in RTOs
- Or simply those wishing to educate themselves further in Adult Education
Fortress Learning’s “1 Block Zoom” Cert IV TAE program is scheduled to commence on the following 2021 dates, subject to numbers:
1 Block Zoom TAE
Daytime Classes Commence
Getting It Done Days
11 January (Monday)
22 January (Friday)
1 February (Monday)
12 February (Friday)
22 February (Monday)
5 March (Friday)
22 March (Monday)
1 April (Thursday)
12 April (Monday)
23 April (Friday)
26 April (Monday)
7 May (Friday)
17 May (Monday)
28 May (Friday)
31 May (Monday)
11 June (Friday)
21 June (Monday)
2 July (Friday)
Brian Uren has had vast experience in training and mentoring over the past 30 years through a variety of senior management roles. He has held positions as CEO, General Manager and director of sales and marketing for a number of different marketing companies, both privately and publicly listed.
It is through these roles and the years of experience he had developing the people he worked with, that Brian developed a passion for training and a skill for helping people achieve their own goals.
Brian formalised his qualifications in training and assessment and now holds the qualifications of Diploma of VET/TDD. Brian has been a Trainer and Assessor in VET for the last 9 years, where the wealth of experience gained in the corporate world has translated to a successful career in the classroom. Brian’s knowledge and enthusiasm to help others achieve and succeed, instils a sense of confidence and self-belief in students.
Feedback from students talk about how they have enjoyed his enthusiastic and inspirational training and have often recommended others to seek their new qualifications with him as a result.
You can expect a high level of support both during and following the face to face component. This will be detailed on Day 1, and will include:
- helpful response times for things like emails, phone calls and assessment of your submissions
- clear and thoughtful answers to your questions
- random contact from us to see how you are going
- continued support through direct contact with your Trainer, where you can seek assistance and ask questions as required.
- you also have the ability to attend the last Friday Study Day of each cohort where you can be supported by your Trainer to gain further in depth assistance with specific topics where required.
You will also have direct access to support through:
- our Facebook Discussion Group
- online chat
- email and phone support
- the option to attend further face to face components (subject to availability of places in those courses)
- Our time efficient delivery provides you with a blended face to face delivery of 10 consecutive business days. The final Friday of each course is a Study Day dedicated to those who would like more time to review or ask for assistance and support from their Trainer. If you would prefer to span the 10 days over a longer period, check out the other Zoom program delivered by our North Queensland Trainer, Sue Hill, with details on THIS PAGE.
- Study Days are open to all students of this program during their 12 month enrolment period.
- All practical training sessions and group assessments are completed in class; there is no requirement for vocational placement within this course.
- There are assessment tasks that will need to be completed after the face to face delivery of the course. These include things like designing learning programs, developing assessment tools and demonstrating your knowledge. For this, you will have access to all digital course materials and resources, as well as support from your trainer, for the duration of your enrolment.
- You are free to submit tasks as soon as they are completed.
- The course design provides you with the ability to work around your current commitments to complete your course.
The entire duration of enrolment is: 12 months
This includes two components:
The face to face component (via Zoom): 10 days
The online/distance component: the remainder of the enrolment period
How does it work?
The initial face-to-face portion (via Zoom) of the course will take 2 weeks. This provides the foundation learning for the program, and also includes a considerable amount of the practical assessment components, especially those that require access to other people
Following the face -to-face component, your learning will continue and you will have further assessment tasks to complete. The pace at which you complete these is up to you, although experience tells us that many people will require 6 months, but we do allow up to 12 months so you can fully immerse yourself in the program, and better juggle the program with other components of your life.
What will affect how long my TAE Cert IV will take?
Experience tells us that the following factors will affect the time it takes to complete this course:
- Experience – if you have experience in training/assessing, then you will likely not need as long as people without experience
- Dedication – if you have a good reason to do the course, and can hold yourself accountable, then you will likely not need as long as people who are less committed
- Other commitments – if you have a busy life with many competing professional and personal demands, then you will likely need longer than those people with fewer demands.
All assessments are based on real life workplace scenarios, meaning that there is no requirement for assessments to be completed in a particular workplace. Ultimately, you will have 12 months from the beginning of your course to complete and submit your assessment tasks.
Start and Finish Times:
We will commence at 9am and finish at about 5pm. (From 4 Oct 2020 through to 4 April 2021, these are Daylight Savings Times). We’ll break for morning and afternoon tea, and also for lunch.
Please note: In accordance with social distancing measures, these face-to-face workshops will be conducted via a live online classroom, such as Zoom.
Fourth floor, Suite 417 at 480 Collins Street Melbourne
You can catch a train to Southern Cross Station, use the southern exit and walk up Collins Street. We are only one and a half blocks from
the station exit.
If you’d prefer to drive, there are plenty of parking spaces available within a 1 block radius of our training rooms and early bird fees are less than $20.
What do I need to bring to class?
Yourself of course, but you will also need to bring to class your Laptop, photo ID, pens and paper for taking notes. You will be provided with soft copy resources at the beginning of the course and a series of hard copy handouts throughout.
What do I need to wear?
As you will spend a lot of time sitting in class, you will need to wear something that is comfortable but suitable for a professional classroom environment.
The fee for this program is $2950. This is payable as follows:
- $1500 on enrolment, and prior to course commencement
- $1000 after 90 days
- the balance after a further 90 days, or on exit if you are ready to graduate earlier
Organisations paying for their staff are able to pay the full amount upfront. If a Purchase Order is preferred, this can be arranged.
Over 45? You might be eligible for 50% funding.
If you are over 45, you might have half of your course fees paid by the government’s Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers (SCOW) program. More information on this page.
What does it include?
This fee includes all materials that will be required during the program, including learning resources, assessment materials and support.
What about Credit Transfer?
We are able to award Credit Transfer where a unit you have completed previously is an equivalent version of the one included in this program. However, because our program is delivered and assessed holistically, it is not likely that just 1-2 units would make much difference to what your program involves. For this reason, the fee is not reduced unless you are able to obtain Credit Transfer for an entire Cluster (ie, Design, Deliver or Assess). If you are not sure, then the best thing is to have a chat with your Trainer about this – you are welcome to email Brian Uren directly to get his thoughts on this before you enrol.
We like our students to be successful. For that reason, we invite you to follow these steps to begin:
- Complete the Suitability-Self Assessment Checklist, because it is not in your interests – or ours – for people to enrol in programs of study that are in any way unsuitable for them.
- Once you are comfortable with the items on that Checklist, then you may complete the Enrolment Form. When you are there, you will be able to choose your preferred start date.
- The enrolment form will direct you to our Booking Form where you may choose classroom dates which suit your schedule.
- Make your first payment, either online or phone with credit card, or via bank deposit. If your course starts very soon, then paying by credit card over the phone is probably the best way to ensure that the payment is received in time for your place to be confirmed for your chosen course date.
- Get things started. Once we have received your enrolment form and payment, we will confirm your place, verify your USI and get things moving along within 24 hours.
If at any time you are not certain of how to proceed or what is happening, then just let us know and we can work it through together.
For further information about this program, you are welcome to use the following form to ask a question. Alternatively, you can give us a call on 1300 141 994 and we’ll connect you with Brian Uren. He’ll be your Trainer so you can get your learning relationship off to a great start.
What students have said about the Melbourne TAE40116
I was very satisfied with the trainer Brian who was extremely knowledgeable on the subject and was very helpful throughout. On the completion of the course I obtained my certificate promptly.
Highly recommended Brian’s services.
I had a really positive experience. I stepped way outside my comfort zone to do my qualification, but Brian’s professionalism and delivery style helped me a lot, really put me at ease.
The facilities are very good, and location is excellent. The class size was good, and the interaction between students and Brian was friendly, and always professional.
I did contact Brian recently because I have started teaching part time, and wanted to let Brian know all his teachings were being put to good use, and give him some really positive feedback. I have also recommended Fortress to a friend, and I hope his experience is also a positive one.