Our Sydney program is for people seeking the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment in a unique and thoughtfully integrated program that balances the best of both face-to-face and online delivery methods without taking short cuts.
About the Program
Fortress Learning’s Face to Face Sydney Cert IV TAE program is based on the knowledge that people many people wish to engage in a robust and rigorous program that includes both face to face and online components. These people are not afraid of a bit of hard work, and understand that finding a balance between both group and individual work is often ideal.
For that reason, this program integrates all the required skills and knowledge from the TAE40116 qualification into an enjoyable program that blends hands-on face to face delivery followed by ongoing supported online study and assessment.
Our course will suit people who:
- Currently train and assess in the workplace and who need to formalise their skills
- People in the workplace who would like to become Trainers and Assessors in their workplace or in a Registered Training Organisations (RTO)
- Existing Trainers and Assessors in RTOs
- Or simply those wishing to educate themselves further in Adult Education
- The Sydney program combines the online program with twice weekly class sessions to allow you direct access to your Trainer for support.
- You can attend as many or as few of the class sessions as you choose, and you are able to attend for the entire day or just part of it. This allows you the opportunity to gain additional support for as much of the program as you require.
- This approach also provides you with an opportunity to work with other students, and gives you a place where you can complete your practical assessment activities.
- You are able to commence your program at any time, and once enrolled you are welcome to attend as many of the classroom tutorials as you wish.
- Monday & Tuesday, 10am – 4pm
- Level 3, 22-36 Mountain Street Ultimo NSW 2007
- From Central Station it is about a 10 minute walk
- You may have a particular question that you want answered, and you can answer it.
- You may want a place where you know you will be able to get your work done, and you can do that.
- You might be having trouble with an assignment, and you can receive assistance.
- You might need an Assessor to observe you conduct part of your assessment, and you can be observed doing it.
To ensure that the sessions are managed for the benefit of everyone:
- practical assessment will occur on the last Monday of each month
- students wishing to conduct practical assessments are required to book this with the assessor.
Shaffy Makkar has extensive business experience related to education and employment. As part of this, he has been running his own HR and IT consultancy for over a decade.
He has a passion for education and currently holds both a Diploma of Vocational Education & Training and Diploma of Training Design & Development.
He is our lead TAE trainer in Sydney.
You can expect a high level of support during your program. This will include:
- helpful response times for things like emails, phone calls and assessment of your submissions
- clear and thoughtful answers to your questions
- random contact from us to see how you are going
- twice weekly classroom tutorial sessions
You will also have direct access to support through:
- our Facebook Discussion Group
- online chat
- email and phone support
The entire duration of enrolment is: 6 or 12 months, depending on your preference and requirements
This includes two components:
The face to face component: twice weekly classroom tutorial sessions for the duration of your enrolment period. You can attend as many – or as few – as you like
The online/distance component: spanning the duration of your enrolment period
How does it work?
Your learning will include a combination of online and, where you require it, face to face learning activities. You are able to structure this in a way that suits you, and you can attend the twice weekly classroom tutorials whenever you wish to receive more direct support for your program.
The pace at which you complete these is up to you, although experience tells us that many people will require 4-6 months so you can fully immerse yourself in the program, and better juggle the program with other components of your life.
What will affect how long my TAE Cert IV will take?
Experience tells us that the following factors will affect the time it takes to complete this course:
- Experience – if you have experience in training/assessing, then you will likely not need as long as people without experience
- Dedication – if you have a good reason to do the course, and can hold yourself accountable, then you will likely not need as long as people who are less committed
- Other commitments – if you have a busy life with many competing professional and personal demands, then you will likely need longer than those people with fewer demands.
Ultimately, you will have your entire enrolment duration of 6 or 12 months from the beginning of your course to complete and submit your assessment tasks.
What do I need to bring to class?
Yourself of course, but you will also need to bring to class your laptop and anything else that you would like support with.
What do I need to wear?
As you will spend a lot of time sitting in class, you will need to wear something that is comfortable but suitable for a professional classroom environment.
The fees for this program are:
6 month enrolment period: $3000
12 month enrolment period: $3600
This is payable as follows:
- $1500 on enrolment, and prior to course commencement
- $1000 after 90 days
- the balance after a further 90 days, or on exit if you are ready to graduate earlier
What does it include?
This fee includes all materials that will be required during the program, including learning resources, assessment materials and support.
What about Credit Transfer?
We are able to award Credit Transfer where a unit you have completed previously is an equivalent version of the one included in this program. However, because our program is delivered and assessed holistically, it is not likely that just 1-2 units would make much difference to what your program involves. For this reason, the fee is not reduced unless you are able to obtain Credit Transfer for an entire Cluster (ie, Design, Deliver or Assess). If you are not sure, then the best thing is to have a chat with your Trainer about this – you are welcome to email us directly to get their thoughts on this before you enrol.
We like our students to be successful. For that reason, we invite you to follow these steps to begin:
- Complete the Suitability-Self Assessment Checklist, because it is not in your interests – or ours – for people to enrol in programs of study that are in any way unsuitable for them.
- Once you are comfortable with the items on that Checklist, then you may complete the Enrolment Form. When you are there, you will be able to choose your preferred start date.
- Make your first payment, either online or phone with credit card, or via bank deposit. If your course starts very soon, then paying by credit card over the phone is probably the best way to ensure that the payment is received in time for your place to be confirmed for your chosen course date.
- Get things started. Once we have received your enrolment form and payment, we will confirm your place, verify your USI and get things moving along within 24 hours.
If at any time you are not certain of how to proceed or what is happening, then just let us know and we can work it through together.
For further information about this program, you are welcome to use the following form to ask a question.