This little red and green logo on the left ultimately depends on quality assessment. That’s why this unit has been included as part of the new TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment. As a vocational trainer, you need to be able to design assessment tools that uphold the integrity of Australia’s vocational education system, and that is what TAEASS502 is about.
About the Program
- The current TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment includes TAEASS502 as a Core unit.
- The TAEASS502B has been an elective unit of TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment, but many graduates do not yet possess it.
- The Standards for RTOs (2015) require that, from July 2019, all Trainers & Assessors hold TAEASS502 and TAELLN411 (or their equivalent predecessor/s).
- At a minimum, this means that if you hold the older TAE40110 Cert IV TAE, you only need to add in these two units to meet the July 2019 requirement.
- Alternatively, you may choose to complete one/both of these units as part of your Upgrade to the new TAE40116 Cert IV TAE.
- Design and develop at least three assessment tools to guide the collection of quality evidence in range of contexts, such as training/assessment and recognition pathways.
- Demonstrate how the tools have been reviewed and trialled with respect to the Principles of Assessment and Rules of Evidence.
- Provide a strong theoretical knowledge of how to design and develop tools for a variety of purposes.
Full details about the TAEASS502 Unit can be found at training.gov.au
For more information, phone us on 1300 141 994 or click here to complete our Contact Form.
When it comes to the TAEASS502 Unit, a number of items of evidence will be needed to demonstrate your competence. In simple terms, this includes:
- Three entire tools (not just the instruments), assessing three separate units of competency and supporting a range of different assessment methods;
- evidence of trialling and reviewing the tools, to ensure that they meet the Principles of Assessment and Rules of Evidence;
- demonstrating a thorough knowledge of assessment tool design and review through a written knowledge assessment.
A Third Party Report from a suitable person will also be required, and we will provide a template for that.
All students who enrol are provided both RPL and Coursework Assessment options so that you can make an informed decision about which path to follow.
We won’t leave you in the dark. We know that once you are underway, making you wait for weeks or months for an email or a phone call for your marking to be reviewed is not just going to lower your motivation and disrupt your learning, it is probably going to make you very frustrated and delay your progress.
Our students are very busy people with narrow windows of opportunity to study. If you are like them, then when one of those windows opens, you’ll want to make the most of it and you’ll rely on us to help with that. That’s why you can expect:
emails: response within 8 business hours
missed calls: response within 4 business hours
marking your submissions: feedback provided within 4 business days
Actually, these are what we call ‘external measures’. Our ‘internal measures’ are even stricter (eg, 80% of marking is done within 2 business days…) and when we have trouble meeting our internal measures, we know it is time to slow new enrolments to make sure we maintain our promise to current students. That’s because we are not driven by the pursuit of more students at the expense of lower standards.
There’s a few others, but these seem to be the main ones that keep our students motivated rather than waiting and wondering.
No conversation about fees can be separated from conversation about service. If you missed the following graphic from our Home Page then it shows the level of service we offer.
We think it is worth considering when thinking about fees.
The fee for the TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools unit is $300.
We allow 3 months – not because it usually takes that long, but because our students are generally juggling many of life’s commitments and this period gives them the chance to succeed.
Where additional time is required, a paid extension fee will apply.
It’s one thing to think about taking the next step to secure your future. It is another to actually go and do it.
When you are ready to take control of the direction your life takes, then we invite you to join us.
Our enrolment process involves four steps, as shown below.
You can get your online enrolment started here.
If you are a past graduate of Fortress Learning, simply call 1300 141 994 or email email@example.com and we’ll help you get started.