Every learner in the Vocational Education and Training sector is faced with new language and literacy challenges. As a vocational trainer, you need to be able to help your learners foster and make evident these skill sets. The TAELLN411 Unit enables you to develop these skills and deliver effective training to those who need it most.
About the Program
- We think it is so important for training professionals to cater for the language, literacy and numeracy skill levels of their learners.
- The TAELLN411 Unit is an Elective unit of TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment, but many graduates do not yet possess it.
- The TAELLN411 Unit is a Core unit of TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (We have long believed this was inevitable, so it has been a standard part of our Certificate IV program for quite some time.)
- An increasing number of training providers are demanding that their Trainers hold the TAELLN411.
- Use tools to identify the LLN skill requirements (reading, writing, speaking, listening and numeracy) of the training specification and/or assessment process relevant to vocational delivery;
- Use various sources to gather information on the current LLN skills of a learner group;
- Identify available sources of support to address at least two of the identified LLN skill needs of the learner group;
- Customise and use at least two learning resources to address LLN requirements;
- Select, use and review at least two instructional strategies that directly address the identified LLN needs of the learner group;
- Use advice from specialist LLN practitioners to inform practice;
- Select, use and review at least two assessment strategies that cater for the identified LLN needs of the learner group;
- Determine areas for improvement of own practice.
Full details about the TAELLN411 Unit can be found at training.gov.au
For more information, phone us on 1300 141 994 or click here to complete our Contact Form.
When it comes to the TAELLN411 Unit, a number of items of evidence will be needed to demonstrate your competence. We provide an RPL Assessment Tool that walks you through the following steps:
- Step 1. Describe some Training that you delivered.
- Step 2. Show how you determined the ACSF Levels of some training you deliver.
- Step 3. Show how you worked out the ACSF Levels of a student.
- Step 4. Identify the strategies you developed to help bridge the LLN skills gap(s).
- Step 5. Self-Reflection.
A Third Party Report from a suitable person will also be required, and we will provide a template for that.
Experience tells us that providing suitable evidence for some of these steps can be problematic. For this reason, our RPL Tool includes an option to instead complete a task for each of the steps. In this regard, Recognition is as much of Current Competency as it is of Prior Learning.
All students who enrol are provided both RPL and Coursework Assessment options so that you can make an informed decision about which path to follow.
No conversation about fees can be separated from conversation about service. If you missed the following graphic from our Home Page then it shows the level of service we offer.
We think it is worth considering when thinking about fees.
The fee for the TAELLN411 Address Adult Literacy & Numeracy Skills Unit is:
We allow 3 months – not because it usually takes that long, but because our students are generally juggling many of life’s commitments and this period gives them the chance to succeed.
It’s one thing to think about taking the next step to secure your future. It is another to actually go and do it.
When you are ready to take control of the direction your life takes, then we invite you to join us.
Our enrolment process involves four steps, as shown below.
You can get your online enrolment started here.
If you are a past graduate of Fortress Learning, simply call 1300 141 994 or email email@example.com and we’ll help you get started.