- Because TAELLN501B was only ever an elective unit, many graduates of the Dip VET do not yet possess it (We have long believed it was inevitable that it would become a core unit, so it was a standard part of our Dip VET program for many years).
- Many trainers/assessors and their employers are wanting to make sure that their qualifications stay in line with the latest recommendations and so are completing the unit
- Doing the unit as a single unit, combined with the units completed as part of the previous TAE50111 Dip VET, is equivalent to the new TAE50116 Dip VET.
- People who want to attain the newest TAE50116 Dip VET instead choose to complete the TAELLN501 unit as part of our Diploma Upgrade program
- Use tools to identify the LLN skill requirements (reading, writing, speaking, listening and numeracy) of the training specification and/or assessment process relevant to vocational delivery;
- Use various sources to gather information on the current LLN skills of a group of learners, and list at least 5 learners whose LLN levels you have determined using tools based on the ACSF,
- Select, apply and review the effectiveness of language, literacy and numeracy support strategies relevant to each 5 learners’ context
- Determine areas for improvement of own practice.
- Demonstrate your own continued learning in the topic, and support for other trainers/assessors in relation to LLN practice
Full details about the TAELLN501 Unit can be found at training.gov.au
For more information, phone us on 1300 141 994 or click here to complete our Contact Form.
When it comes to the TAELLN501 Unit, a number of items of evidence will be needed to demonstrate your competence. In simple terms, this includes showing:
- at least 5 learners whose LLN levels you have determined using tools based on the ACSF,
- that you have selected, applied and reviewed the effectiveness of language, literacy and numeracy support strategies relevant to each 5 learners’ context
- your professional activities to enhance own and others’ knowledge and skills related to LLN
We will provide some templates that you can use to collate this information.
A Third Party Report from a suitable person will also be required, and we will provide a template for that.
All students who enrol are provided both RPL and Coursework Assessment options so that you can make an informed decision about which path to follow.
The fee for the TAELLN501 Support the development of adult language literacy & numeracy unit is $300.
Over 45? You might be eligible for 50% funding.
If you are over 45, you might have half of your course fees paid by the government’s Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers (SCOW) program. More information on this page.
We allow 3 months – not because it usually takes that long, but because our students are generally juggling many of life’s commitments and this period gives them the chance to succeed.
Bear in mind that our quick response times also helps to reduce the total time that it might otherwise take; after all, getting your marking done in less than 4 days is going to make the whole thing a lot quicker than if it took weeks or months.
It’s one thing to think about taking the next step to secure your future. It is another to actually go and do it.
When you are ready to take control of the direction your life takes, then we invite you to join us.
Our enrolment process involves four steps, as shown below.
You can get your online enrolment started here.
If you are a past graduate of Fortress Learning, simply call 1300 141 994 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you get started.