Fortress Learning, through its international arm, Australian International Vocational College of Education, is dedicated to supporting and creating training professionals.
We are committed to our work and believe strongly in the importance of education and the potential it can instil in to every individual.
Legally, AIVCE is a trading name of the parent company, GWF Pty Ltd. Our registration details are publicly available through www.training.gov.au.
GWF Pty Ltd has been operating a domestic RTO in Australia for some years. That RTO is Fortress Learning, who specialise in creating training professionals through the delivery of Training & Education (TAE) qualifications.
In its almost decade of operation, Fortress Learning has established a solid reputation for delivering quality education and training programs, and it is only one of a handful of RTOs in Australia who have approval to deliver both Certificate IV and Diploma level qualifications from the newest TAE Training Package.
As of January 2018, we have established relationships and worked with organisations in a number of Asia-Pacific nations, including:
- People’s Republic of China
- Sri Lanka
- Timor Leste
Alongside our delivery of training, we actively collaborate with these international partners to conduct research that serves to support and strengthen VET and TVET across the region. Further detail of our research program is available here.
The Principal of Australian International Vocational College of Education (AIVCE) is Dr Bryan West. Dr West founded GWF Pty Ltd almost a decade ago, after two decades of work across primary, secondary and tertiary education sectors including many senior roles. It was during that time that he completed a Doctor of Philosophy, which explored whether assumptions about the value of technology to learning were reflected in students’ own experiences. Several publications and conference presentations related to this and other work-based studies have cemented his interest in reflective practice.
In 2017, Dr West delivered a lecture series in Beijing as guest of Chinese University of Economics and Business in Beijing (above), and holds the position of Honorary Professor at the Chinese University of Labor Relations (below).
In addition to managing the Registered Training Organisation, Dr West remains committed to teaching, and continues to deliver training services to students in both Australia and internationally.
He balances his work life with a range of community and personal interests, and cherishes more than anything else the time he spends with his family.
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education
- Bachelor of Science
- AICD Company Directors Course
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
- Diploma of Training Design & Development
- Diploma of Vocational Education & Training | Diploma of Training & Assessment
- Diploma of Business | Management | Business Administration
- Certificate IV in Business (Governance)
- Permaculture Design Certificate
- Associate Fellow, Australian Institute of Management
- Member, Australian College of Educators
- Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Member, Family Business Australia
- Member, The Moral Fair Ground
- Member, Vocational Education Learning Group
- Life Member, Fair Share International