We have a tool kit and support services packed with helpful information, platforms and FAQs to make your journey with us that much easier. We want you to feel supported, so you can concentrate on learning.
We pride ourselves on being connected, engaged and at the ready to answer student’s questions which is why we host our very own Webinars to stay in touch.
These sessions are designed to respond to the needs of participants, and are free of charge for all students enrolled in Cert IV TAE students. To participate, you follow the links below to Register for your chosen webinar. Registration is essential, and registration will close 24 hours prior to each session.
There are five topics, designed to cover the entire Cert IV in Training & Assessment. Each session adopts a Q&A and Roundtable focus to ensure we address the needs of all participants.
- New Student Induction – Getting Started
- Language, Literacy & Numeracy
|Monday, April 24, 12.00pm to 1.00pm AEST||Register here|
|Tuesday, April 18, 12.00pm to 1.00pm AEST||Register here|
|Tuesday, April 25, 12.00pm to 1.00pm AEST||Register here|
|Wednesday,April 19, 12.00pm to 1.00pm AEST||Register here|
|Wednesday, April 26, 12.00pm to 1.00pm AEST||Register here|
|Thursday, April 20, 12.00pm to 1.00pm AEST||Register here|
|Thursday, April 27, 12.00pm to 1.00pm AEST||Register here|
|Friday, April 21, 12.00pm to 1.00pm AEST||Register here|
|Friday, April 28, 12.00pm to 1.00pm AEST||Register here|
Please contact your Trainer, Emma Siebuhr at 1300 141 994 for our updated Webinar schedule.
Investing in yourself to become a competent Trainer and Assessor is a wise move and with Fortress Learning you won’t be alone.
We’re a community of people working together to develop others and we, the team at Fortress Learning will do everything we can to help you progress in your goals and dreams. By using the Discussion Forums, you’ll also get a chance to meet other students online. It’s a powerful electronic tool to share with other students, to learn together, to ask questions, share stories and your own expertise.
- For Cert IV TAE and Dip VET/TDD students, the Discussion Group is based in Facebook (because that’s where they told us they wanted it). Business students are also in Facebook.
- For Dip VET/TDD students, there is also a Discussion Group based in Linkedin (because – you guessed it – that’s where they told us they wanted it).
If you have a question – it may well have already been asked there by another student – but if not please ask!
Both groups are actively monitored, and we’ll get back to your query as soon as possible. Remember – there is no such thing as a silly question.
As a dedicated training organisation, we rely heavily on technology to deliver our renowned courses. We want to make sure technology works, so you can get on with the work.
At Fortress Learning we know how frustrating it can be when a file can’t be downloaded or a link doesn’t work, or a document doesn’t look the way that it should. We can’t install a new hard drive to your computer but we can do our best to make sure that your learning experience is not disrupted because of technical difficulties.
Some of the ways we can help are:
- A phone call. Let us know if you are having problems. We really appreciate this because if you are having a problem chances are that someone else may be experiencing a similar problem. Sometimes when you are studying online it’s great to have a voice to guide you through.
- Send an email. If you can include a screenshot of the problem that would be great. The more information the easier it is for us to help you.
- Chat support through our website, or via our Facebook and Linkedin Discussion groups.
- Giving you clear advice on what the IT requirements will be before you start, as part of our Suitability Self-Assessment
Perhaps the best thing we can do to support you is to create a program that suits you.
Why? Because no two people are the same.
For us, making you jump through the same hoops as everyone else just doesn’t make sense. That’s why we collect a bit more information from you before you start, and use it to tailor your own Personal Learning Plan.
Your Personal Learning Plan has a single goal: to ensure that your course best suits your situation.
Quite simply, every student who enrols has a course of study put together just for them.
Your Personal Learning Plan becomes your unique roadmap for how you can make your way through the course. It reflects your unique set of knowledge and skills, and uses your preferred learning style as a basis for how things are done.
It will tell you three things:
- where you might be eligible for recognition of prior learning
- which other items of evidence you need to provide to support this recognition or prior learning.
- which tasks you need to do to fulfil any remaining course requirements.
Your FREE Personal Learning Plan
To help you make an informed decision about your Cert IV TAE, we are happy to develop a FREE Personal Learning Plan for you. Simply request, complete and return the PLP Survey, and we will let you know what your course is likely to involve.